I have a lot of friends who work very hard to lose weight and workout. They go to the gym, run outdoors, and watch what they eat very carefully… but they have a very bad habit which is they just won’t be able to give up on their alcohol. Come the weekend and they’re gulping it down in the neighborhood bar like there’s no tomorrow.
No wonder they don’t lose weight at all but actually become fatter. Alcohol allows you to put on weight. It’s as simple as that. 1 of the reasons why so many people are unsuccessful in their weight loss programs is that they simply can’t do without alcohol.
How exactly does alcohol make you fat? Here are a range of reasons:
1. Alcohol is wealthy in calories – Is actually no surprise that if you consume more calorie consumption you burn that you put on weight. Liquor beverages are usually packed with calories and you simply still need to eat regular food because the beverages themselves hardly supply you with any nutrients. Is actually extra calories that simply make you put on weight.
2. Alcohol is abundant in glucose and sugar is quickly metabolized into fat. All of us all know that sugars are bad for weight loss but we rarely notice it when we busy drinking and consuming alcohol.
3. Alcoholic beverages gives the munchies – Hardly no-one drinks without eating. There’s usually some pretzels or peanuts resting around that you take in without really noticing. These types of are all extra unhealthy calories which you don’t want.
4. Alcohol is digested in the liver which is also in charge of the metabolization of fat. Yet alcohol takes precedence. That you drink it, your liver basically stops metabolizing fat and you carry on and store it. Now, that isn’t black or white as your liver does continue to metabolize fat but at a far reduced pace. Basically, alcohol intervenes with your internal fat reducing processes. No wonder it causes you to fat.
5. It enables you to be lethargic, sleepy, and less energetic. You’re not likely to do a great deal of work out after drinking. You’re more likely to take a nap. This means that alcohol indirectly makes you less active and you conclude burning far fewer calories than you might have otherwise.
All in all, alcohol allows you to become fatter or at least stops you from losing fat as fast as you could have without it. If you’re serious about reducing your weight, gaining your breast size, please cut down on the alcohol intake. This will do you good and prevent yourself from sabotaging your progress. If you find yourself addicted to alcohol, then seeking help from a 7-day alcohol treatment center is the perfect solution for you and here is a great one. Additionally, this video might be of help to you.